Linking INSPIRE and open data metadata
- Administrative units
- Agricultural and aquaculture facilities
- Area management/restriction/regulation zones and reporting units
- Bio-geographical regions
- Cadastral parcels
- Coordinate reference systems
- Environmental monitoring facilities
- Geographical grid systems
- Geographical names
- Habitats and biotopes
- Land cover
- Land use
- Natural risk zones
- Population distribution - demography
- Production and industrial facilities
- Protected sites
- Species distribution
- Statistical units
- Transport networks
- Utility and governmental services
Slovenia has established INSPIRE metadata system as a part of Slovenian Geoportal. Surveying and Mapping Authority of Slovenia (SMA) as national contact point is responsible for establishing and maintaing metadata system. In the begining of the year 2017 this system contained metadata for 130 data sets and 90 services. Some of them are do not fall under INSPIRE requirements. But the INSPIRE metadata is harvesting on European INSPIRE Geoportal.
Ministry of public administration (MPA) is responsible for open data is Slovenia, not just spatial data, but data, public authorities are responsible for. MPA has established Open data portal (OPSI), part of this portal are also metadata. So we decided to link spatial metadata with opendata metadata.
As a result of these activities we prepared a new slovenian metadata profile as a draft Slovenian national metadata profile. The project is not finished yet, it will be finished in September..